1. The officers of the SECTION shall be the President, President-Elect, Past President, Secretary, and Treasurer.
2. The SECTION Officers shall serve for a period of two years in each office, and shall be eligible for re-election to a second consecutive term. If a second term involves the President, then the President, Past-President and President-Elect will all stay in the same office. Terms of newly elected officers shall commence at the Society’s annual meeting.
3. The President-Elect shall succeed to the office of President at the expiration of the President’s term of office.
4. Officers shall serve without salary or other compensation for their services from the SECTION. Expenses of officers may be defrayed from funds available to the SECTION when authorized by the SECTION Executive Committee.
5. Candidates for office shall be nominated by a Nominating Committee chaired by the immediate Past-President. Voting shall be completed at least one month before the annual meeting of the SECTION. Officers shall be elected by a majority of the returned mail or email ballots.
6. In the event of a vacated position, the Executive Committee shall appoint a qualified replacement for the unexpired term.